« Home | Happy Valentine's Day » | The aftermath » | Happy Birthday! » | Happy Chinese New Year » | New Year 2005 Pool Party » | Armageddon » | Geomancy and Me » | Goodbye Brownie » | Thoughts.... » | ... ... ... ... ... ... » 

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 

Musings and Reviews



Read this on Sunday. A pleasant read but forgettable. It's a staple Sheldon novel, nothing much past the usual recipe of his writing.



Read this during Chinese New Year. Not too shabby, enjoyed it actually. The movie 'Secret Window' starring Johnny Depp was taken from here. Some of the stories seems illogical but I like the premise and I especially liked his build-up in 'The Langoliers' but towards the end the logic seems ridiculous, lol. "The Library Policemen" is very quirky and thrilling. It tells of the urban legend of Library Policemen who hunts for those that never return their library books on time. "The Sun Dog" is the worst among the 4, at least to me, due to its inconsistent pace and towards the middle of the story, it loses its steam.


I finished another novel too, " The Cult" yesterday. In a way, it opened my eyes and made me aware of all those brain-washing cults that is very much prevalent in our society, yes, even here in 3rd-World Malaysia. The cult in the story however focuses on Christianity so there would not be any Muslim connotations.

Religion and theology has always fascinated me. I've read a little and I intend to read up more on it when I have the books/articles available to me. I have also asked some Muslim friends regarding their religion and there are aspects of it that I find way out-of-line with modern civilisation. I will not write further here, lest I am accused of blasphemy, until I'm much more knowledgable.

That's all for today. : )

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07