« Home | Love is truly blind.... » | As the curtains fall . . . » | GoOd LuCk! » | Happy Birthday! » | Leaky faucet... » | Strepsil and Water High » | Cartoons of Yesterday » | Dear Diary » | Happy Birthday » | R.C. Girl » 

Saturday, September 16, 2006 

D i s c o n n e c t e d

First day in my new apartment and i feel so disconnected. I'm so out of sync with everything and so out of touch with everyone and all things else. There isn't any Internet connection!! Not even a phone line for that matter. Not that it concerns me much as I have my mobile but I need that phone line for my Internet. This is so annoying.. I so need to feel connected. Not to mention the tons of stuff that I am able to do when I'm online. Chatting...blogging...surfing...spamming... I can't believe I'm actually typing this in Notepad in hope that I will copy and paste it into my blog when I' finally connected. This is plain sad... Come kill me.. Shoot me.. blah!



Yep...that paragraph above pretty much summed up the start of my stay in my new apartment. Locality is perfect..within a stone's throw from campus, housemates fantastic...my friends :P but my only bone to pick is the lack of a fundamental element of any school going student's life; the Internet. I've been given countless run-arounds and my many phonecalls have been met with futility. Nevertheless, I'm not giving up just yet and I intend to use as many avenues as possible to voice my grouses with hope that I may just generate enough sympathy(?) to get a line. Instead of doing extremely valuable research online, reading contemporary and scientific journals online or even discoursing with peers, I'm now subject to countless hours of entertainment via DVDs and VCDs. Well, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Moving away from the sad fact that I'm still facing Internet-deficiency syndrome, my new apartment is absolutely l337. There is excellent ventilation, and good view from the balcony (a very tiny almost non-existent one) and also a reasonably fair maintenance/housekeeping on the premises (I'm in a good mood now since I'm getting my Internet fix from home ). There can be times when things will get noisy with the amount of people walking up and down the corridor but I guess that's one of the entailments that come with living on the 2nd floor (pretty much a ground floor ).

Apart from these, everything is moving alone just fine. Life is good. Internet please come soon.. I miss you..




I'll be posting very intermittently due to my rocky relationship with the monopolizing-money-crunching-ISP/Telephony-whore-of-corporate beast. I'm filing for divorce but not before I get my Internet for compensation. Till then..my bed beckons..

Cheers!

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07