« Home | Episode III : The Revenge of the Sith » | Movie making » | Padme Naberrie Amidala » | It's hot........ » | Some rants.. » | New York City   » | Peeking!   » | Statue of Liberty  » | Grand Central  » | Grand Central  » 

Saturday, May 21, 2005 

Emotional scenes...

Scene 1

ANAKIN: Sometimes, I wonder what's happening to the Jedi Order . . . I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic.

PADME: Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?

ANAKIN: What do you mean?

PADME: What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?

ANAKIN: I don't believe that. And you're sounding like a Separatist!

PADME: Anakin, this war represents a failure to listen . . . Now, you're closer to the Chancellor than anyone. Please, please ask him to stop the fighting and let diplomacy resume.

ANAKIN: Don't ask me to do that, Padme. Make a motion in the Senate, where that kind of a request belongs.

PADME: What is it?

ANAKIN: Nothing.

PADME: Don't do this . . . don't shut me out. Let me help you.

PADME: Hold me . . . like you did by the lake on Naboo, so long ago . . . when there was nothing but our love ... No politics, no plotting ... no war.

And they embraced...



Scene 2

ANAKIN: Padme, I saw your ship . . .

PADME: Oh, Anakin!

ANAKIN: It's all right, you're safe now. What are you doing out here?

PADME: I was so worried about you. Obi-Wan told me terrible things.

ANAKIN: What things?

PADME: He said you have turned to the dark side . . . that you killed younglings.

ANAKIN: Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me.

PADME: He cares about us.

ANAKIN: Us??! PADME: He knows . . . He wants to help you.

PADME: Anakin, all I want is your love.

ANAKIN: Love won't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.

PADME: At what cost? You are a good person. Don't do this.

ANAKIN: I won't lose you the way I lost my mother! I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I've done it for you. To protect you.

PADME: Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can.

ANAKIN: Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy. Make things the way we want them to be.

PADME: I don't believe what I'm hearing . . . Obi-Wan was right. You've changed.

ANAKIN: I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me.

PADME: I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. I'll never stop loving you, but you are going down a path I can't follow. *

ANAKIN: Because of Obi-Wan?

PADME: Because of what you've done . . . what you plan to do. Stop, stop now. Come back! I love you.

ANAKIN: (seeing Obi-Wan) Liar!

PADME turns around and. sees OBI-WAN standing in the doorway of the Naboo Cruiser.

PADME: No!

ANAKIN: You're with him. You've betrayed me! You brought him here to kill me!

PADME: NO! Anakin. I swear ... I ...

ANAKIN reaches out, and PADME grabs her throat as she starts to choke.


It was this scene 2 that I felt the most emotion in the entire movie. It is this human element that made Episode 4 so enduring. When Padme broke down in * you could actually feel the emotion that was so empowering. Truly, Natalie Portman is an accomplished actress, and way above her peers, with wannabe stars like Linday Lohan, Amanda Bynes, and Hillary Duff. It's just too bad that her scenes in this movie was so limited. Her acting talents were not fully utilized. There was more emphasis on the action scenes. Hayden was in his element the moment he turned to the Dark Side. That was the most natural acting that I could see from him, and the earlier scenes with him calling Master, Master towards his Jedi peers wasn't very convincing. He plays the brooding, evil apprentice of Darth Sidious much better.

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07