« Home | Day 3 » | Day 2 » | Operation C.T.W » | Lost n Found » | Happy Birthday » | Random musings » | Sunny Sunday » | You Are From the Moon You can vibe with the s... » | Class party » | Oh.....what bliss.... » 

Sunday, December 19, 2004 

2 Weddings and No Funeral

Had to attend a wedding dinner today with my dad. My mom couldn't make it because she had another to attend. Today is supposedly an auspicious for marriages, and me being the great ignoramus wouldn't know a good day to marry nor a good day to die if I ever had the privilege to choose.

It was the wedding of one of the sons of my father's former colleague back in Penang. It was held with the usual pomp and ceremony so synonymous with relatively wealthy chinese wedding dinners....except this time, there weren't many kids around. There were a few faces that I remembered back from my younger days, and there were also new people with whom I had the privilege of acquaintance. A few familiar faces were my dad's friends/colleagues/contacts, Mdm. Lwi Kim Kam (my Matematik Gunaan teacher in MHS), Ms. Alice Chia (formerly of SFI secondary before retiring....I enjoy her lessons(English) very much ), Siow Jian Zhi/Hong's mom (my former band senior and peer respectively). I didn't expect to meet them there. Hahaha....Anyway, it was good to see them again.

I was seated at a table that consisted of mainly former Cargill employees. I've learned a lot of things today like pelleting techniques, latest product formulas for feed, animal nutrition, and heck, even Bukit Bintang politics. Something relating to corruption that is so prevalent in Bolehland(to quote from a blog). I just sat and listened and occasionally nodding and smiling whenever a look came my way. I've never had my hand shaken so often in recent times. The people there were vets, animal traders/farmers, marketing/sales executives, drug dealers(animals), company ceo's, directors, bla bla bla ..... the movers and shakers of the industry, so to speak.

The food was good, but the wastage was great. Usual shark's fin soup, prawns, fish, roasted duck...the like. The ceremony started early, and ended at about 10p.m.

It was a wonderful experience... ^^

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07