« Home | boo! » | Limbo » | Still on a high » | Begin? End? » | Deja Vu » | Some thought? » | Do you see what I see? » | Blogging Responsibly » | RM106.60 vs. RM69,90 » | The countdown begins... » 

Sunday, October 07, 2007 

Greetings and Salutations

Ah..Finally...my Internet has arrived. Everything is falling into place. My pin number for my debit card should arrive this in a few days. My new number should also be coming in a bit. More than that, I am doing ok.

The weather here is chilly but not frost cold. Kinda like Genting Highlands. Except with a lot more wind. It's a killer the wind. You're all nice and dandy, until some gust freeze your face. That's the worst part. Your face is all exposed and icy. Generally, the weather is pretty gloomy. If it is not cloudy, it's raining. The drizzle kind, not the monsoon kind. Makes you wanna just curl up in bed and not do anything.

The house is a 3-storey typical English terrace house. From the front, it may not look like much but the exterior does not do the interior any justice. There is a bathroom/shower on each floor, and 2 kitchens; one on the ground floor and another on the top floor. Each kitchen is equipped with a freezer, fridge, microwave, stove, taps and larder. For my first few days, it was terrible because there was no hot water shower. I had to bathe in cold water. Omg..it's so cold. Bloody freezing. Also, there was no heating. Hence, my first night was like Dante's Inferno. Equipped with only a thin wool blanket, I slept only to be woken up a few hours later by biting cold. Wrapped myself like a sushi within a popiah, I tried to go back to sleep. Luckily, I managed to sleep. I think it was from the fatigue more than anything. Anyway, that was it. I went and bought my portable (it's huge anyway) heater. Henceforth, my room is now all nice and cosy. Oh yea, my room..it is pretty nicely upholstered. Will post pics when my cam arrives.

My housemates...hmm.. There are 10 others (OMG..so many right...that was my first reaction). 2 Malaysians including yours truly, (a first year law student and moi). The rest are UK people. Total: 6 guys (1 Malaysian and the rest UK) and 5 girls (1 malaysian, and the rest UK) And they can drink beer like i drink water. The guys mostly, do not really favour cleaning up after themselves when they're done eating. The only do so when they next want to use the utensils. Go figure. Oh well..

My timetable is pretty relaxed with Fridays totally free. Having said that, they would expect a lot more independent study here; hence the more free time.

The university building here is scattered. Luckily, I'm smacked in the middle. But I still have to take a walk of about 20 minutes to reach the Residences office on one end and 30 minutes to the Registrar Office on the opposite end. The school and library is pretty close by my place so I am not complaining. That much. :/

Tesco Extra (24 hours..yea...my mom would love it) and Sainsbury are my main shopping haunts. I have also found a few Chinese shops that has Adabi, Brahims and Maggie. The real deal Malaysian maggie. :) Haha..

There are so many things to write but I'm going to stop here. It's getting late and I want to rest. I will let the pictures do the talking but I am camera-less. Anyone who knows any good deals?

Till then, au revoir.

Cheers.

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07