« Home | Happy Halloween! :) » | My relationship with ISPs.. » | Greetings and Salutations » | boo! » | Limbo » | Still on a high » | Begin? End? » | Deja Vu » | Some thought? » | Do you see what I see? » 

Friday, November 16, 2007 

Updates updates

Been neglecting a bit, so I'll just summarise as best I can. Hari Raya came and gone...attended the Malaysian Society's makan which is commendable since they made it themselves. Satay, mi sup, nasi lemak and ayam...all washed down with air sirap. It was ok overall.

Diwali was totally uneventful. There was a Diwali ball in City Hall but I think it was mainly attended by international Indian students. No idea..was not planning to attend anyway.

Guy Fawkes day was spectacular, if only for its firework display. It is supposed to commemorate a 300 year-old failed plot to blow up the Parliament. I have no idea why they were celebrating this day but I enjoyed the fireworks display nevertheless. It went on and on and on...way longer than our Merdeka firework displays.

Work is beginning to pile up. I'm already in the groove of things here. Everything is falling into place. Now I'll probably consider getting some job. We'll see how it goes. The education system here is very different from that of home. Both has its pros and cons. The best would be a merge of both. Independence within a structured discipline... My independence from my self-study sessions back home came in handy here..also, my blunt-to-the-point way of answering questions as indoctrinated in me from the national exams proved to be useful. In tutorials here, the non-Malaysian students sometimes tend to ramble on things that are even remotely connected to the issue...then again, some of them just don't bother doing their work, hence the bamboozling. Having said that, there are also extremely industrious students, preparing sheets after sheets of answers in preparation for the tutorials. On a more personal note, I think it has been a wonderful experience thus far.

My pictures are up, though they are very limited because I don't carry my camera everywhere with me all the time. Links will be sent asap. Stay tuned.




Anyone knows where or what this is? :)

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07