« Home | Bloody expensive. » | photoblog » | Routine again? » | The dust settles... » | Lost in Time and Space » | Yummmy... » | I'm off!! » | Rainy days and Mondays.. » | Mortarboards and Vader robes » | I'm back » 

Friday, September 19, 2008 

What was it again?

Have you ever had that moment when you know you're supposed to do something but you just can't remember what it was? It may have crossed your mind earlier and you tell yourself that it will be done later or that you may have just gently brushed it aside with the anticipation that such an obvious thought will surely strike you again.

I'm sure we all have such moments. It is very empowering when we actually do remember to complete the said task. We secretly "congratulate" ourselves, sometimes even so briefly that we may not even realise it. It boosts one's self-confidence and also perhaps makes you more self-reliant than ever.

On the flipside, it feels like a thorn in the flesh when you know that you are supposed to get something done but cannot fathom what it is. It may be teasing you from the precipice of your mind or shadow-playing with your other thoughts but it just will not come to you. When such a time occurs, it is then that you rue not writing the task down on a piece of memo. Some may be then burdened with the notion that you have not completed what it was that you were supposed to do and this in turn affects you and your subsequent endeavours...Some may just shrug it aside saying that if it is important it will bound to come back and if it is not, the perhaps it is not worth doing in the first place anyway.

Personally, I would be somewhere in between. I will not be so totally affected that it cripples the rest of my day but it will tug at my thoughts every now and then that I may have missed something. It is like subtle pain that will not go away. It comes and goes. Nevertheless, this ebb and flow of discomfort will slowly dissipate sooner or later.

Moving back to my point of contention....the reason for this totally random subject is that I have this nagging feeling that I am not doing something that I was to have done earlier. By not writing it down, you break your reliance on notepads and the like and in turn actually enhances your memory power. Similarly, by relying on these very devices, one creates dependence on them so much so that one is lost if one does not have one's Blackberry, diary or mobile phone. Admittedly, I would fall in the latter category and perhaps that's the reason why I have so many diaries and my phone is littered with information and reminders.

Now if only I remember where I have placed them....

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07