« Home | Out with the old, in with the new » | Prodigal son » | Mosquitoes. » | Hobo Lady » | A Christmas Carol » | My November Rain » | choke cough die » | f.o.o.d. » | Happy Birthday » | Can we really embrace change? » 

Thursday, January 15, 2009 

My Dolce Vita

I miss my alcohol. I miss mixing my own cocktails. I miss my awesome stash. I need my nightcaps.

I’ve been sober for a long time now (not that I’m a hopeless drunk, no matter how scary I look). My liver is probably rejoicing in all its glory but at the rate I’m still chomping my junk food and other forms of comfort food, my liver will be overworked again soon, if not already. I’m eating whatever I can find in my room which is surprisingly abundantly stashed with food, healthy and otherwise. It does not help that I make occasional trips to get more groceries.


Which reminds me, I have to start exercising or else I’ll just end up sick. The feeling of being fit is awesome. Your body is so in-tuned with its surroundings and you feel so “predator-ish” (sorry..lack of a better word). I think I’m still somewhat fit, but I need to start training again. I don’t care for being buff or muscle or all that jazz, I just want to be fit. J I’m like what…140kg now? (hahahahaha….)

Hey, I’m digressing aren’t I? Yea, back to my alcohol. I miss the wines…champagnes…mixers… heck, I even miss the not-so-tasty Brains ale which goes to show the depth of my craving. Becherovka with its fantastic spicy aftertaste… Bailey’s with chocolate… I can go on and on and on… oh well. It’s too expensive to drink to one’s satisfaction in bars/pubs here. I like to think I’m pretty good with mixing as well though some of my finest combinations are acquired tastes..haha.

Perhaps I will resume hoarding liquors and its other intoxicating brethren after my exams. Which is still some time to go. But then time passes so fast… At least my body can recuperate while waiting.

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07