« Home | Oh Nicol...How we love you. » | I love work! » | Lent and Pancakes » | 20 Feb 2009 » | Hot Wax and Tubs of Cream » | Dedicated to You » | Cold Water » | The Orange Girl » | Oh no! » | Where is my Boten Anna? » 

Monday, March 09, 2009 

Just Lose It!

I’ve just finished another novel, Staggerford, and it was quite a good read. It is about a small town and how one person, no matter how small his role or significance, is entwined with the other populace.

It made me think (not something that I do much nowadays with all the force-fed CLP garbage). Taking our lives may always seem the quickest way out but the effects it have on the people that know/care about you is not something to be brushed aside. Sure, you may say that you have no one, and that no one will miss you when you’re dead or anything along that line… but there is still ripple effect, though it may be too small to be noticed. The grocer will lose a customer, similarly the baker, butcher….you name it. The postman will have one less person on his list. The dentist and doctor too. The world will be rid of one person. Some may cheekily say that there will be more oxygen now. Or there will be more space now.

I do sometimes read the obituaries and wonder what the person’s life had been like. I see the name of their families. I sometimes read the tributes/eulogies dedicated to them. I scrutinize the pictures. It may sound morbid, but I always feel a sense of loss whenever I read the obituaries. Like there is so much stories to be told from each person’s life…and now they’re gone.

In a deceased’s stead, someone will come in and take over. A newborn. Bla bla…the circle of life….

My point is, taking one’s life is something I don’t think I’ll ever do. I love my family and friends too much to put them through this.

By the way, no one committed suicide in the novel. It just made me think. I am a pitcher of random thoughts and aimless rambles. I could be mental. Aren’t we all a bit in a way?

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07