« Home | 2 Weddings and No Funeral » | Day 3 » | Day 2 » | Operation C.T.W » | Lost n Found » | Happy Birthday » | Random musings » | Sunny Sunday » | You Are From the Moon You can vibe with the s... » | Class party » 

Thursday, December 23, 2004 

Lost in Translation

Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara

Eeek....what a appalling place !
My trip there today to renew my antediluvian I.C. (read, identity card) has got me thinking about the number of people we actually have in our country. The supposed-to-be-dead place was actually teeming with people from various walks of life. And all are there to make I.C. Considering we have a population of 23,522,482 (http://worldfacts.us/Malaysia.htm ), that makes us a very big country indeed.

First, I had to take my number, then I had to wait for 2 hours and 13 minutes before it was my turn. This despite being there at 8.11 and the Jabatan only opens at 8. When I was there, there were many people already seated awaiting their turns. I spent most of my time reading some old copy of Reader's Digest. Apart from the usual grunts, cough, sneeze, and the incessant wailing and screaming of children, the place was silent except for the loudspeaker calling out numbers after numbers. The semi-air-conditioned room was quite large but not large enough to accommodate all that was present when I was there. I sat at the front row and from my vantage point, I could observe the much-complained working habits of our government agencies. After indexing a few applications, the man and lady behind the counter each would turn to chat. And that with people seated right in front of them, waiting to be served. Tsk Tsk... The speed at which they attempt their tasks would make watching a three-toed-sloth's daily activities a fast ride. Seriously, they were very slow..... However, I would like to commend the photographer for being quite a nice example and a stark contrast amongst his fellow colleagues.


"Bahagian Kad Pengenalan Menyiapkan permohonan kad pengenalan dari pejabat yang berkomputer dalam masa 1 bulan. Menyiapkan permohonan kad penegnalan dari Pejabat yang Tidak Berkomputer dalam masa 3 bulan. Menyelesaikan permohonan daftar lewat Kad Pengenalan dalam masa 6 bulan. " Link : http://www.i-putra.com.my/sites/Site.cfm?id=34

This is clearly wrong then, since i was told that I would only get my new IC after 2 months. The place was fully computerized but managed by inept servants. This not a mere rant but an expression of hope that maybe someday we can actually look forward to a more effective running of this Jabatan.


On a happier note, today is Edmund's birthday. : )
May all his wishes come true.....Happy Birthday Ed.



Long live diapers!

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07