« Home | Updates updates » | Happy Halloween! :) » | My relationship with ISPs.. » | Greetings and Salutations » | boo! » | Limbo » | Still on a high » | Begin? End? » | Deja Vu » | Some thought? » 

Thursday, November 29, 2007 

Winter beckons..

The weather is getting chillier now. Winter has already arrived but no snow yet. :) The weather is so nice to sleep in....it's very difficult to get up in the mornings. All you feel is just curling back under the warm blanket in the cosy room. But life goes on yea...

I've stopped cooking as often now. Grocery prices has gone up, especially the chicken. Perhaps I will wait until the discount comes back before I start hoarding food in the freezer again. No worries..i am still eating fine and healthy. I do make sure I get my fibre (fruits and vegies) as well as my usual carbs and protein. Just in a less tasty form. :P

I was making fried rice the other day when my housemate saw the usual Chinese black mushrooms I soaked in a bowl of water. I wanted the mushroom to be soft before slicing them up and throwing them into the rice in the wok. The conversation that ensued (not verbatim).

Housemate : Erm...what are those?

Me : Mushrooms...do you like 'em?

Housemate : Yea, they're alright. Why are you soaking them? Are they like poisonous?

Me : ... yea

Housemate : *shocked!*

Housemate 2 : You idiot...if it's poisonous you'll still die.

Me : *laughing really loudly* no, no..it's not poisonous.

Housemate : Oh..cheers. *laughs*

Well...it may not sound funny here, but when it happened, is sure was funny to me. Anyway, the fried rice turned out alright.

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07