« Home | Just Lose It! » | Oh Nicol...How we love you. » | I love work! » | Lent and Pancakes » | 20 Feb 2009 » | Hot Wax and Tubs of Cream » | Dedicated to You » | Cold Water » | The Orange Girl » | Oh no! » 

Thursday, March 12, 2009 

Money Money Money

It’s definitely a rich man’s world. You can do almost anything with money. Some stand by the fact that they buy you everything…even love and all that intangible stuff.

I am not going to argue the merits of their case but I definitely would like to categorically state that money is very important indeed and how you make them is even more so. Would I ever be able to accept “dirty money”? I don’t know. It’ll be even harder if the sum is huge. Like millions huge.

Word around the streets says if you want to be rich you’d be better off being a politician, mob boss or banker. In my place, or at least where I was born (or wished I had not been born, rather) being an opposition will definitely make you rich. When you cross over to the ruling majority, that is. Or at least that is what the rumour mill is grinding out. What are principles in the face of like 20 million bucks? I think I’d dress up in a woman’s clothes and say that I’m a woman for that sum. And throw in a striptease even. But would I? It’s hard to say. In times of yore, I might have immediately say Yes but now, I’m not so sure.

They say faith and religion will help you overcome these sort of temptations. Am I pious? I would hardly think so, but then again I can be quite spiritual. I have found many reasons in life that have given me “ammunition” so to speak to face these temptations. Perhaps it’s the things that I’ve seen or the experiences that I’ve had…Sounds rather arrogant doesn’t it to say that money won’t faze me.. but I honestly place my family and close friends higher than money.

Naïve? Crazy? I guess it is your inner compass that motivates you to do what it is that you do. I used to be so driven by the thought of being super-rich. Of course we cannot survive on ‘sunshine, love and air’ (thanks Pearly) alone but I am not saying not having any money at all. Given a choice I’d of course like to be somewhat rich and at the same time having my loved ones with me. The emphasis here is that money will not override my family/close friends.

Be that as it may, I will still try to be as comfortably off as possible so that I may spend more time doing things that I like. There are so many things in this world to see, experience and try… till then I will have to do the things I enjoy and make things work for me. One step at a time.

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07