« Home | I'm sorry. » | Woops! » | Bon Voyage » | Contemplation » | Jiwang Moment » | It's all in the mind?? » | Money Money Money » | Just Lose It! » | Oh Nicol...How we love you. » | I love work! » 

Sunday, April 05, 2009 

Food - The Whimsical

I love to eat. But I have recently found that I am not able to eat as much as I used to. I don’t know if it’s age or that my stomach has seriously contracted due to the junk that I consume of late. I would like to think it’s the latter but I think it is more likely that I eat the same type of food most of the time.

Anyway, I digress. I want to open my own restaurant but I’ll be content to just be a minimal-participation partner. Any takers?

It will feature dishes that are spectacularly new-age and modern and none of that crap “it’s a recipe handed down from grandmothers, ancestors, family tradition, etc etc”. It’s not that I have anything against them, but I’ve had enough of reading about restaurant reviews where the proprietor/manager/chef wax lyrical about how the dishes were taken from these sources of yore and present ‘Ta-dah’ to you… I would like to try something new every now and then and not just eat all them makanan menggunakan resipi tradisional.

It’s everywhere now. Pick a bottle of sauce in the supermarket, or spreads, or some food item or rather and more often than not it will have something like ‘resipi tradisional, traditional recipe, family tradition, home-style, country food, village whatnot’ and all the similar hocus pocus. I’ve read countless food reviews and they would also have spouted lines like these one way or another (now you know how I spend my time…well, it’s one of the ways...).

So, there, I would like a totally modern concept of food. Let us try something different, eh? Like instead of marinating in a sauce derived from an ancient recipe straight from the cauldron of witches or another, let’s say have a broth cooked using laser, or something along that line. Electrified steak. Nuke-treated fish with edible carbon to nullify the isotopes. Chicken basted with combination of oils of all the legume family.

Now, I just need to find the partners to raise capital. Again, any takers? And a chef who is not made using resipi tradisional, please.

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07