« Home | Winter beckons.. » | Updates updates » | Happy Halloween! :) » | My relationship with ISPs.. » | Greetings and Salutations » | boo! » | Limbo » | Still on a high » | Begin? End? » | Deja Vu » 

Thursday, November 29, 2007 

From The Jam - Concert

On 25th of Nov, I went to watch the concert of From The Jam. Who are they, you ask?? Well, I had no idea myself. I won 2 tickets from a contest I entered and I was very surprised when I received the email saying to collect the tickets on the day of the gig itself. And yea..backstage passes too. It's just too bad it isn't some band like Oasis or Coldplay.. :P

I did some research on the band and apparently they were quite popular some time ago. I tried searching for their songs online to download but I could not find any. Nevertheless, in the true spirit of never giving up freebies such as this, I decided to go. I was anticipating some thrashy metal super indie music.

I brought a friend along for the show. In the foyer, there were like so many middle aged and late 20s locals waiting for the gig to start. I think my friend and I were the only non-Caucasian,...the only minority...and definitely the only Asians for miles around. The seating was fantastic, we got a spectacular view from the tier above the stage.

The music surprised me. It was actually not bad. Very listenable and there were 2 songs that I quite fancy but I have not been able to find them online. Maybe I'll try after this.

It was a wonderful experience and I am looking forward to attending more gigs like these. For free of course. But then again, Natasha Bedingfield's concert is on Feb 24 and the ticket costs 19.50 pounds. Rihanna and Mike Buble's concert tickets were too expensive...in the hundreds. way over my budget... So, please excuse me while I go scour for more contests to enter....





|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07