« Home | Not another movie list! » | Amanah Saham 1Malaysia » | Selamat Jalan S.R.T.! :) » | Jubilations! » | Come Let's Play » | Do we really know what we want? » | Moonwalk Tragedy and Angel Mourn » | Washing without water? » | Mir-Hossein Mousavi vs Mahmoud Ahmadinejad » | Zen Moment 2 » 

Monday, August 31, 2009 

A year on...

As the gentle refrains of Amy Macdonald singing to the tune of her guitar lazily played in the background, I am consciously reminded that it has been exactly a year since I left the land of the Union Jack. Oh the irony of it all! My departure date had nothing to do with my patriotic beliefs nor ingrained homing beacon, but more about personal events instead. Given a choice, I’d have stayed on and believe me when I say that I can wax lyrical for hours on end on the virtues of the many aspects from the home of fish and chips.

For all my admiration and praises of greener pastures faraway, I’ll always still have Malaysia as my homeland. However, I still harbour the hope of living in as many different places as I can before I die. At least while I’m still mobile. If anything, the wanderlust and many encounters with people from various backgrounds only served to work harder to inspire me to make it work.

I don’t think I will say anything further lest I open a wellspring of emotions that will only make me ramble meaninglessly on. On a similar theme, it’s quite funny how people keep anniversaries of both good and bad circumstances as if to remind themselves of that one moment in time...in the end, it’s the memories that remain and the friendships you keep that is the only reminder of that time long gone.

Here’s to more adventures! In the words of Buzz Lightyear, ‘To infinity and beyond!’

|

About me

  • I'm Inaesb
  • Who you ask?
Don't click this
Syndicate this site (XML) Subscribe with FeedBurner feed
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07