« Home | Toka koka » | Random musing » | I sit and watch as days go by » | I have moved! » | So deja vu..... » | Where is my clockwork orange? » | Till death do us part. » | r.a.n.d.o.m. » | The Second Wave » | 2 years short of the apocalypse » 

Thursday, May 13, 2010 

H1N1 free! (supposedly-lah)

I just got vaccinated for H1N1. No, I did not get diagnosed for it. It was all paid for by the company.

One of the staff's kid contracted it and the entire family is now under quarantine. This meant that the firm had to take precautionary measures which is the vaccination. It costs RM65 (corporate price) or RM80 (individual).

I must say that I haven't been needle-jabbed in a while. Haha..not that I like it. My arm is a little heavy at the deltoids but apart from that, I'm good. Thank heavens.

I'm now vaccinated against H1N1 and 2 other flu viruses (the vaccine protects against 3 strains of viruses) for life (yea, apparently it lasts for life). From what the doctor told me, the vaccination is determined by WHO every year as to what strain of viruses that a person should be vaccinated against. This year it is the H1N1 and 2 others. It varies from year to year and the doc suggested that one may go about collecting vaccinations each year just to be "protected" against various strains.

I suppose I'm pretty old-fashioned in the sense that I do not like to take medicine/drugs unless I really really have to. If anything I do not want to be too reliant on them lest I may need stronger dosages when it really matters.

That said, if it's free...then why not? :D

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07