« Home | Part 1 of 2 » | Excess baggage » | Random » | H1N1 free! (supposedly-lah) » | Toka koka » | Random musing » | I sit and watch as days go by » | I have moved! » | So deja vu..... » | Where is my clockwork orange? » 

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 

Part 2 of 2

On the third week of July, I was off to Club Med in Cherating, Pahang. It was all expenses-paid company trip and despite my initial apprehension at the thought of travelling with my workmates, everything turned out fine.

My only complaint was that it only lasted for 3 days. Even as I type this, I’m suffering some form of post-holiday blues.

The place is beautiful enclave of tourism in the middle of nowhere. The sea is quite beautiful, at least by Peninsular Malaysia standards, though the sand is somewhat coarse. What makes the whole place Club Med is most importantly the people. The GOs (that’s the staff....GMs are the guests) are extremely friendly and were helpful all the way. Although some of my colleagues complaint of being marginalised and not treated properly, I personally did not encounter such a thing. That being said, I suppose discrimination happens everywhere.

Back to the people, not only the GOs were sporting and fun, the guests too were clapping to the same tune. Some of the guests stay on for ages from weeks to months even! Talk about affluenza alert. If anything, this trip has served to motivate me to work harder so that I may achieve this lifestyle soon. Very soon!

The drinks were free-flowing from the bar, from juices, to cocktails, mocktails, beers and basic neat liquors. All the meals were buffet with various counters such as Japanese, Korean, French, Western (in general), Italian, Indian/Local, Dessert and Drinks. I basically stuffed myself silly with everything that caught my eye. I was also drinking, though not as much as I would have liked because I wanted to try out the activities as well. I can’t go trampolining after 3 glasses of pina colada can’t I. Not unless I want to decorate the floors with partially-digested food and gastric juices. Not to mention wrecking my GM social life there.

The place is definitely a must visit for the family, if they can afford it. I think it’ll make a wonderful escapade. If things don’t work out for me in the field of letters and notices and applications, I would definitely love to apply to work there. In fact, I think I should go search for some vacancies now.

Bah! Get me out of here!

|
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07