« Home | First of May » | This is a short exchange by Jonathan Barnes and I ... » | Ships Ahoy! » | In the Name of the Father » | White Chicken Rice and Hor Fun » | It's getting hot in here...so take off..you know w... » | I need more time! » | Goody! It's a Friday! » | Maundy Thursday » | Food - The Whimsical » 

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 

Hum hum hum

Have you ever had one of those moments when you can’t get the song out of your head? Bet you have. Well…my current problem is a little different. There is this song that is in my head but I don’t know the title and full lyrics.

I know..I know. The Google-savvy would probably tell me that all you need is a few words from the song and chances are you’ll be able to find the exact song title/singer/full lyrics online. I’ve done this many many times. Google is scarily effective this way.

So the problem arises when the lyrics I want to find is in a language that is not typeable using our QWERTY keyboards…example, …Arabic lyrics…Yea yea..there are Arabic programmes similar to Chinese Wordstar but it’s tough you know when the language you’re searching for is not your usual language. And you’re searching for a song with a search list of a few general words.

The word that I know is woman and the rest are lost in memory. It’s actually a song that I remembered listening to when I was young and when I heard it again I was scratching my head thinking how I’m going to find a song when I only know 1 word from the lyrics and only the tune of the chorus. Now if I can search using the tune…that would be something. I don’t think I’m pitch-perfect enough to hum to anyone and get them to tell me.

Google may be an awesome search engine, but it’s not perfect. Haha.

|

About me

  • I'm Inaesb
  • Who you ask?
Don't click this
Syndicate this site (XML) Subscribe with FeedBurner feed
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07