« Home | May 13, '69 » | Hum hum hum » | First of May » | This is a short exchange by Jonathan Barnes and I ... » | Ships Ahoy! » | In the Name of the Father » | White Chicken Rice and Hor Fun » | It's getting hot in here...so take off..you know w... » | I need more time! » | Goody! It's a Friday! » 

Thursday, May 14, 2009 

I wish people were smarter

Smart? Everyone is smart. Intellegent? Isn't there like many different types of intelligence? The smart I mean here is not the knowledge to construct a rocket, nor is it to explain the dark matter theory. It is the day to day smarts and know how to live and improve on one's life. How we make daily judgments. How we choose which house or car to buy. Whether to eat that tasty nasi lemak or make some exotic 'potato pancakes'.

Regardless of whether it is a comment or a speech made by an Opposition member or a member of Government, by the homeless man on the street or the exalted apex of any monarchy, the kacang putih man or the billionaire tycoons... one should never take anything at face value.

I remember gracing this point briefly in my previous post so I am reiterating myself here. But it is a very important point to note in our daily lives. Always question and find out for yourself before accepting or rejecting them if you choose to.

But there are variables to my dilemma. Everyone is inequitably smart, have access to education, economically stable to say the least. And this does not even include the personal traits or quirks either inherent from birth or through upbringing. Let us not even bring culture and heritage in.

Everyone is different and that it is a benefaction is a moot point. So in localizing my very brief pseudo commentary here...I am relying on the law of averages to save the day. I hope Malaysians would have reason and logic enough to sift through the chaff of information that we are so abundantly blessed with today. Not every Governmental issued news is propaganda nor is every non-Governmentally sourced information the gospel truth. Everything is coated for their own purposes. Moving away from politics to the drudgery of daily life, the vegetable seller may not tell you that his kangkung is not so fresh today so it is for you to look and analyse it for yourself. The heart-broken friend may not tell you that he is depressed but one can tell if one notices the body language and speech if he should care to look.

My point is, nothing is ever what it seems and we must use our own conscience and judgment in making decisions. Only then can we truly accept or reject.

On a sidenote, this is a hilarious piece of news. Our Prime Minister was actually quoted as saying “It is for the judgement of the sultan” and not the Menteri Besar to call for the dissolution of the assembly. Well, he may have reasons to say as such. He may have been genuinely mistaken. Or deliberately misleading. One can also use the 'convention is not law' argument. Who knows? But I do know one thing. That my opinion of the matter is mine and though others may share it each is entitled to his own.

I wish people were smarter.

|

About me

  • I'm Inaesb
  • Who you ask?
Don't click this
Syndicate this site (XML) Subscribe with FeedBurner feed
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker
Inaesb Inc 2006 - 07